Sunday 18 March 2012

Mother's Day. . .

Shhh... Teddy's sleeping. Yesterday we had a Teddy Bear's tea party in the garden. We had cupcakes and proper tea in china tea cups. Mum made us some of Nana's special cucumber sandwiches and eggy sandwiches and my favourite, sugar sandwiches... cut up in triangles and the crusts cut off. 

Everyone was having a lovely time until, Teddy's uncle Ralph turned up. They don't get on. There was a lot of blah blah blah, then Uncle Ralph started shouting that he was going to send some Heavies in to lurk under my bed and in my cupboard and Teddy got all red in the face and BOOM, CRUNCH, CAPOUW!!!...Uncle Ralph and Teddy were bear fighting. When they had finished, they were both covered in mud and grass stains... (some of Mum's flowers got a bit squashed... oops!) 

Uncle Ralph went home and Mum put Teddy in the washing machine, so now he smells like clean sheets. Anyway Teddy stayed up all night and kept an eye out to make sure no Heavies moved in while I was sleeping. Nothing and no-one get's past Teddy!

I think Teddy and I are going to have a quiet day today and cuddle up with Mum on the sofa and watch  Princess stories on the goggle box... 

Happy Mother's Day if it's Mother's Day where you are... ( I have to wait till the End of May here in France)...and pop over to Sunday Sketches and join in. That's all the Fun and Nonsense from me today xx

16 comments:

manomij said...

I didn't realise you were in France. So hapy mother's day to you for May. I like the Ted fight, Lottie would have been having a little sneaky look, hoping little Ted would win. Where was the pink elephant?
Hugs
ManonX

Unknown said...

May, too, for us in Italy. Tomorrow is Father Day here.
Love your funny story!!

Jehanne's doodles said...

This is adorable Catherine :)
I also like the model one below. I have been reading and watch the hands and feet of I H drawing and I think you got them down packed good :)

Denise said...

So sweet,cute little post.I love tea parties.

Tammie Lee said...

everyone should have a friend like Teddy!

*jean* said...

darling work, catherine...happy PPF!

WrightStuff said...

Good for Ted I say. We have a Ralph in this household too - nothing but trouble I say!

Alexandra MacVean said...

Gosh, your sleeping teddy is absolutey adorable - definitely cuddly! Loving your art lately! :)

Joanne Osband said...

Sounds like family bonding at its best ;)

I love the layered look of your art and the composition. The tights and shoes are my favorites.

Morph Waffle said...

What super cute fun! I love teddy1 The colors are also great in this!

Tracey FK said...

every family has an Uncle Ralph don't they... Mother's Day isn't until May here in Australia but I hope you had a wonderful one... great illustration...xx

Christine said...

Such a lovely, sweet sketch today!

carol l mckenna said...

Adorable ~ Happy Mother's Day to you ~ USA isn't until May ~ lovely post ~thanks, namaste, Carol ^_^

Heather said...

happy mother's day to you!!!
hugs!
love your girl and sleeping teddy!

EVA said...

Lovely story and great little painting! Nice to have someone like Teddy to protect you!

Lenora said...

A wonderland of family fun! Your girls embody such joy and love! I love that you are in France! In Canada our Mother's Day is May but my Mother-In-Law is in England so she is in March!