Monday 31 October 2011

Wonderful Weekend. . .

Mr Hollywood and I had a wonderful weekend with our friends in Biarritz... we nipped over the border to San Sebastian in Spain for lunch in a Cider House.... wow, the steak was mouth watering, the cider good and Rioja wine ...heavenly.. then wandered along the promenade till it was time for Tapas.... then back home for dinner... the following day spent in Espelette for chilli pepper festival... Basque festival with a few Basque games like Bare hand... Main Nue... which involves to teams of two men each whacking a cricket type ball with their bare hands at a wall... (it's a bit like squash - with no rackets- just bare hands) sounds odd...but it was knicker gripping....  Back home now...have to say we are so lucky to have all this just three hours away from our doorstep...   San Sebastian is well worth a visit if you get the chance...you will not be disappointed....


I little something I whipped up this morning.....while I was waiting for Mr Hollywood to bring me a new battery for my car that decided to die this morning....seems like it's having hot flushes too... 
Happy Halloween everyone xx

2 comments:

Sandra van Doorn said...

sounds like you had a wonderful time :)
i like your journal page; this illustration is one of my favourite so far i think. I think she looks really beautiful.
And i’d love to have wings... can you draw me some?
xo sandra

Jehanne's doodles said...

Oh how lovely to have something like that so near by and how warm it looks :)
ahh I wish I could whip something up like that - it is gorgeous. Finally got to the post yesterday :)