Friday 28 October 2011

Trick or Treat. . .

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments and get well wishes... I'm much better.. The sinus lurgy hit hard and fast...I started taking the antibiotics that the Doctor gave me and at the same time I started having hot flushes...no problem, put it down to all the medication I was taking....that was two weeks ago, medication is now well and truly finished and I'm still having the hot flushes!  My Mum and Daughter keep laughing at me and saying that it's the Menopause.. OMD! I'm far to young...and I swore that it wouldn't happen to me.... 

It's like a mexican wave of heat that starts...slowly and then before I know it I'm on my feet doing a peculiar limbo dance where all of sudden I have to take most of my clothing layers off, I flap about like some demented scarecrow...and I puff...fwooo fwooo.. like that's going make a difference... Mr Hollywood just looks on sympatheticlly... he's obviously thinking he's got himself a right old chook.....
Meet Winifred Broomstick and her friend Catnip.... I have a story all mapped out around these two characters...but I've been struggling with it all week...there is another story that keeps popping into my mind...Grrr Mexican Wave...
This is my last homework piece for the Supplies Me Course..

Here is a sample of some cards I had made of my little characters...(sorry the photo is rubbish) I put 8 into a local shop and yesterday she told me that she had sold 5.... spurred on by happiness and hot flushes...don't have anything more to lose so plucked up the courage and  I went to another local shop and she took all my cards and asked me for some Christmassy ones..... Whooo whoo Mexican Wave....in a good way...

I'm off this weekend to Espelette near Biarritz for the Chilli Pepper Festival...like I don't have enough heat in my life ....so have a wonderful weekend.... hugs to you all.....

5 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

oh, so wonderful to see all your artful pieces, quite charming. Jane is a wonderful teacher!

so glad you are feeling better. i had to smile at your hot flash story, you tell it so fun, even though it is not.

Sandra van Doorn said...

Catherine, you make me laugh! so funny all that hot stuff telling!
lovely to read you have almost sold out your cards, doesn’t it feel good?
and i must say i am a bit jealous about your trip to Espelette!
have fun, and ..keep cool :)
xo sandra

Ricardo Miñana said...

Nice entry, you have a intersante space
if you like the lyrics full of tenderness, poetry,
I invite you to my spaces,
happy weekend.
a hug.

Heather said...

YIPPPEEEE you sold 5 cards - i am so proud of you - your designs always bring a smile to my face!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry to hear about the hot flashes! that's why we are all superwomen!! hee hee! enjoy your festival! hugs, my friend!

C. said...

Oh, I love that umbrella page! I think I see myself there!