Thursday 3 March 2011

February Swap with Sweet Limes . . .

If you have popped by before, you may remember that I am doing an art swap for a year with B over at SweetLimes... We make something each month and send it out on the 15th or as near as.... 
She sent me this wonderful slide that she created... Teeny Tiny Creative Love... isn't it just wonderful... It reminds me of all the slides my Dad made back in the 60's when we were going from State to State with a U-Haul trailer attached to the car with everything that my Mum held dear... every place we stopped, out came the crockery and table cloths etc, all the stuff that said... we're home..... Thank you so much B, I love this....

This is what I made and sent B... This started as a little idea in my sketchbook... I showed it to my colleague and now the whole class has made their own watercolour forest... we have a class of mainly boys so decided to make monsters to go with our forest pictures instead of little girls ... I have had so much fun with this idea.... I now have moveable characters popping up everywhere ... have even made a bookmark for my sketchbook...
I have no idea where the idea came from... it just happened... I love that about art ... hope the ideas keep coming...

3 comments:

sweet limes said...

I'm so glad you took a picture of this because I didn't! Oh my brain has really ventured out on it's own this last couple of weeks. Still so amazed with what you created me this month!

Betsy Brock said...

Oh I love them both! How very, very fun! :)

Morph Waffle said...

Her slides are so cool! Love your piece, very awesome!